Monday, August 11, 2008

Gilliland - McDowell: It was Just Hard Racing

It was just hard racing
It was only hard racing that seemed like Michael McDowell slipped up a partial line driving David Gilliland into the outside wall of turn 11, that caused the 9-car devastation of the likes we only usually see at Talladega and sent Bobby Labonte to the hospital.  (He's OK.). There are tons of replays and most of them don't convince me, but one camera angle looked "interesting", but then, I wasn't there.


Driver's Statements

Then again, this quote brings me back to the days of Dale Earnhardt Sr:  "In the meeting with NASCAR, McDowell said that he didn't know Gilliland's position on the track."  Which boiled down to Gilliland further saying:  "He said he didn't really realize I was there on the outside of him and just kind of came up and kind of put us in the wall,"

That's an interesting statement, considering they were grinding paint all over each other through the whole of turn 11, but hey, who am I to argue the drivers statement.  Right?

So I am backing my initial opinion where it seemed McDowell did drift up into Gilliland.
  He's learning well from Michael I'd say!


NASCAR's stance on the issue:
"They just kind of got into each other and neither one of them said it was anything more than just hard racing, both guys," NASCAR Vice President of Competition Robin Pemberton said. 


With that said, neither driver has been penalized.


source:  http://www.scenedaily.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, but I need to moderate to keep my spammer fans out of the comment zone....