Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Spotter Rule Changes in NASCAR and A Bit About Their Website

I've been talking about the TV coverage, but there have been more changes than just the big bucks that come from all the coverage that Fox and NBC have to offer...

Some officiating revisions went into effect after "events at Richmond," which address the spotters in the sport.

They were,

·         Spotters only on spotters’ stand (one per team)

·         Spotters’ stand limits: Two analog radios, scanners, Fan Views

·         Video camera will be installed on spotters’ stand

(Though I do believe that at very large tracks, there may be more than one spotter per team.  Thanks Michael W. to help mold NASCAR!)

Other changes that kicked in gear last year was the sports web page.

NASCAR finally got their own webpage back from Turner Digital and was able to run it as they see fit.

I'm not sure about you, but I don't like their site as much as I used to, even if I'm trying to embrace it.  But their website is doing well for them.

Because of "race-day engagement," they've seen in 2013

·        7.2 million average monthly unique visitors;

·        An increase of 24 percent in race-day visits year-over-year;

·        An increase of 35 percent in race-day visits during the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup™ year-over-year;

·        More than 34 percent of NASCAR.com® traffic via mobile devices;

·        More than 50 percent increase in NASCAR FANTASY LIVE™ registrations year-over-year; and

·        Nearly 60 million total cross-platform video views.

-

(Just like my site here!!!  Not!  Plus, I don't think I could count that high if my site had those kinds of numbers.)

For 2014, they have at least one big change you'll see... if you haven't already:

"Other changes coming before 2014 Speedweeks® include an enhanced ‘hero’ (main image and accompanying story link on the homepage), appointment viewing of original content, better interactivity between stories and video and new versions of both mobile apps."

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
- - -

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, but I need to moderate to keep my spammer fans out of the comment zone....