Saturday, May 19, 2007

A note About NASCAR fans

Yesterday, May 18th, 2007 was NASCAR day. NASCAR.com sells NASCAR day pins for $5 each. These monies go to the NASCAR foundation which supports over 25 different charitable foundations. (To see what charities, visit this link.)

They also conducted a telethon for NASCAR day that saw several media outlets join forces, such as SIRIUS Satellite Radio, SPEED, NASCAR.com and MRN.

The amazing part of this process to me, was that in 12 hours, the telethon raised almost $1.2 million. I am so proud of the fans and organizations that helped contribute to the process.

I'm headed off to www.nascar.com and buying myself a few nascar day pins!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, but I need to moderate to keep my spammer fans out of the comment zone....