Sunday, March 4, 2012

What? No Digger Mentions From Fox?

So far this year, Fox has avoided calling out their underground camera that they nicknamed Digger in years previous.  They've used shots from the in-ground camera, and I have seen the animated furry friend on the side of the TV frame, but no mentions.



I remember the pain of Digger when it premiered and it got worse when Fox added an animated feature in 2009 for Digger, hoping to entertain the Nielsen demographic of kids.  But it seemed to not really work out.  The viewers felt insulted and I didn't hear too many good things from those fans.

So this year, as I tuned into the Fox telecast, I sit and wait for the inevitable mention... and yet, nada!  They've used the camera angle, and it is an awesome angle as the cars drive over the installation of Digger.  And I've seen the animation pull out some ads from the side of the screen and such.

(Back in the day, it had been noted way back when, that Fox's David Hill wanted an animated mascot, much like Cletus from the NFL.)

But I got wondering why they stopped mentioning Digger?  Why, after all that effort, would they be mum!

Maybe because the name Digger, as cute as it might seem, isn't the first time something animated has been named Digger.

I hate to say it, but Digger is the name for the Lamisil medication.  Digger is the animation used to represent toe-nail fungus.  Ug.

So maybe fox caught that and backed off a bit.  But with that said, I still love the camera angles the in-ground camera provides!  It's a unique and rare perspective. 

22 comments:

  1. Bring Digger back.
    We miss the little guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Digger needs to come back home to the track!!!!!!!!!! He is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BRING DIGGER BACK. BRING DIGGER BACK. BRING DIGGER BACK. WHO WANTS DIGGER BACK........LETS HEAR IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stupid. Digger was fun. Why take something positive/humorous away? I want Digger back! So does my husband. BRING DIGGER BACK! Digger is like DW. Whimsey side of wisdom.....BRING DIGGER BACK AND DONT LOSE DW!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am the one who named the camera digger
    but never got reconized for it by DW
    kb in talladega

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hell yes bring digger back!!!!! We will see him next year 2014

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husband & I both miss digger. Please bring him back!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bring Digger back! My father who is 78 loves him and is not insulted by him like the network claims. I used to wait for him to come on and we would laff together. Come on people have a sense of HUMOR!!! Plus it was great for kids.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WE WANT DIGGER BACK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Digger made it more entertaining! I never looked at Digger and thought about the "toe nail fungus". Come on retards! Apparently you took advice from the wrong set of fans! Everyone I know loved Digger! Be smart about it. And anyone who felt "insulted" about Digger is probably one of those people that anywhere they go, they have to complain about everything.
    BRING DIGGER BACK!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bring back Digger!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bring Digger back we love him in Nevada

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bring back Digger. Get rid of Kyle Bush.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Get rid of the new qualification and bring back Digger.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How about give him big lips and black fur so we can call him digger the nigger and cheer as he trys to steal the hub caps off the cars as they go by....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't care who you are or what you think, that was funny.

      Delete
  16. I still want digger.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I miss Digger and family please bring him back he made the race more interesting

    ReplyDelete
  18. We want Digger back.
    Will Dale Jr. release him after he retires?

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, but I need to moderate to keep my spammer fans out of the comment zone....