Saturday, March 21, 2009

Skinner In Good Position After Abrupt Start

Following a bumpy 2008 season, 2009 is quite different for Mike Skinner (No. 5 EXIDE Batteries Toyota). Up until late January, Skinner wasn’t even sure if he was going to have a ride this season. Now he finds himself sitting third in points with the support of his new Randy Moss Motorsports team.

Before the team could even start the season, a lot had to be done in a small period of time including a switch to Toyota.

“My team found out I was going to drive for them two-and-a-half weeks before the season started,” Skinner said. “They had to change manufacturers, get Daytona trucks ready and get California trucks ready in a short amount of time.”

“My team did a fantastic job of getting everything done and giving me a fast, competitive truck to drive in the first three races of this season. It says a lot about Eric (Phillips, crew chief), David (Dollar, co-owner), Randy (Moss, co-owner) and all of these guys. I couldn’t be more excited. You can get up in the morning and dread going to the race track or you can get up and be excited to go to the race track. I’m definitely excited to head to the race track each week"

That, is what makes a champion. That is perseverance. Dedication. Now, we see how they make it work and if lady luck will smile on them or not!

source: nascar media center.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, but I need to moderate to keep my spammer fans out of the comment zone....