Tuesday, April 28, 2009

David Poole Has Passed Away

It is with a saddened heart that I must report that David Poole succumbed to a heart attack at his home Tuesday.

He was in his 13th year of covering NASCAR.

I've had opportunity to talk with David on several occasions because he took the time for the little guy.  We started exchanging emails and then as I pestered the crap out of him with questions, I asked if I could interview him.  Without hesitation, he said sure, and gave me his home phone number.  He was my first NASCAR interview

He could be harsh but only if you were on the other side of the argument because once he made his mind up, he dug in and never wavered unless you could downright prove to him where he was being silly.

Whenever I had a question or curiosity, he always had the time. Farewell buddy.  I'll miss our intermittent chats and your perspectives.

RIP David and my condolences to his family and friends.

There's more info over on the paper / website he worked for, ThatsRacin.

1 comment:

  1. This was indeed a deep loss not only for NASCAR, but also for the industry of car or kart racing around the world.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, but I need to moderate to keep my spammer fans out of the comment zone....