Monday, April 23, 2007

Gordon winning, Jr.'s take, Stewart Sulking?

Came across a report that the Waltrip investigation is coming to an end soon. More details to follow as they become apparent. link
~~~

About the 3 flag that Jeff Gordon flew during his victory lap, I read the following interesting quips:

"Congratulations to Jeff. He's a class act and I'm happy for him," Dale Earnhardt Jr. said. "I ran over to Victory Lane to shake his hand and let him know.
"I know a lot of fans of my dad's aren't the biggest Jeff Gordon fans, but he and my dad were business partners on a lot of things and worked together a lot more than most people realize."

(Wow, that's interesting to know!)

Jeff Gordon had to fight Tony Stewart for the lead at one point just before the race end, and the race over all was pretty good to watch. There's more perspectives on the race from Jeff Gordon at this link
~~~

So If he comes in 2nd, moving up to spots in the championship standings to 7th, it would seem like they had a decent night, so I don't know why Stewart left the track, declining TV interviews. What's the issue now? Is he retiring AGAIN this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, but I need to moderate to keep my spammer fans out of the comment zone....