Monday, June 4, 2012

KURT BUSCH Suspended For A Bit, Probation Extended


So when you're on probation for verbally accosting a reporter and you verbally accost a reporter again, you get your probation extended and a 1-week suspension.

That's what has happened to Kurt Busch (KuBu) today, after his unprovoked verbal assault on a reporter last Saturday.

Kurt Busch has been suspended until June 13th, and his probation has been extended so he can enjoy more opportunities like this one, until December 31.  (I presume, that's 2012... for now.)  Which means he'll miss the excitement that is Pocono.

To be honest, I always thought that screwing up while on probation had more of an impact, but I guess in this case, it didn't.

Well, that's it for now.  Until two weeks from now when KuBu verbally assaults another reporter.

You know, I think the man has an issue.  Sure, we all get upset.  But seriously, is he that comfortable with the cameras around?  Or does he have some bipolar or ADHD issue that forces his hand?  I don't mean that in a glib fashion, it's an honest inquiry.

The one thing that is good for a team is exposure, and when the media may very well never want to approach you because you have a sharp tongue, it very well could hurt KuBu's team to not get any exposure.

I know if someone told me I would have to go ask him a question after blowing up on the track, I'd gear up with boxing pads all around!  (Actually, I plan on being at Sonoma... I might just take pics of Kurt with a telephoto and stay out of word's reach!)

-

"Kurt Busch violated Section 12-1 (Actions detrimental to stock car racing; violation of probation; verbal abuse to a media member) of the 2012 NASCAR Rule Book. Kurt Busch had previously been placed on NASCAR probation May 15 for his actions during the May 12 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series event at Darlington Raceway. That probation was originally scheduled to end July 25 but has now been extended through the end of this year."

-


--
Follow
   NASCAR-Bits-and-Pieces on Twitter & Facebook .
I need the friends on Facebook... I'm all alone there!
LOL
- -

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, but I need to moderate to keep my spammer fans out of the comment zone....