Saturday, June 30, 2012

Austin Dillon's First Win Tainted By Post-Race Inspection Failure


It was an incredible feat to see Austin Dillon to bring the iconic black No. 3 Chevy across the finish line first in Friday night's NASCAR Nationwide race, in the Feed the Children 300 at Kentucky Speedway.

It was a dominant win.  No one could touch him in the closing laps.  But now that first win is tainted with his winning car having failed the post-race inspection.

Jim Utter was the first to report last night (That I saw) that the No. 3 car failed inspection because the rear end of the car measured too low.

This morning on NASCAR Now, Andy Petree indicated that the failure was unintentional and did not give the car any kind of performance issue.  That confuses me just a touch.  It's always been my belief that a lower back end of acar gets the spoiler more out of the wind, hence, slightly less drag.

-

I sincerely hope this is resolved to be discovered that this might have been an in-race parts failure.  To be honest, I expect nothing less.  Especially from this team.

But be it as it may, the dominant lead, Austin Dillon's first win, and now a post-race inspection failure will always be in the same sentence or fans minds.

-


-

=
- -

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, but I need to moderate to keep my spammer fans out of the comment zone....