Monday, June 11, 2012

Kurt Busch's Future? It's Up to Him... But Then Again, It Always Has Been

When Kurt Busch landed a ride for 2012, I felt he got pretty lucky with that one, considering there was no room at any "inn" in the Sprint Cup garage.  But James Finch stepped up and gave Kurt a chance.  That was pretty decent of the man and it made Kurt fans pretty happy.  I also presume at a reasonable pay-cut, but still, it was a chance.

And yet, Kurt Busch can't seem to help himself.

As one marketing guru said, If Kurt has a publicity agent, he's not listening to them.  And if he is really serious about staying in the sport, he may wish to consider hiring a "body man" or "body checker." (I can't recall the exact term used)

That's a person who shadows a celebrity EVERYWHERE, and the moment the celebrity starts to go south with word or deed, the hired "image guard" scruffs the celeb and hustles him out of earshot of range of the cameras or microphones.

Gads, Kurt definitely needs one of those, and to be honest, having used to be a bouncer, I CAN DO THAT for him!  It would be kind of fun, but I'd probably be pretty busy.

James Finch as publicly said that if Kurt moves forward with the team, it will be a race-by-race basis.  So we'll see what's going on and go from there.

Will Kurt stay in Cup?  I bet he does.  Finch has a big heart.

I'm not even questioning his staying in the Nationwide Series... I presume that's a no-brainer.  For now.

=

--
Check out NASCAR Bits & Pieces Free Newsletter or RSS Feed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, but I need to moderate to keep my spammer fans out of the comment zone....