Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Fascinating In-Car Cam Views from GoPro [Non-NASCAR]

I was checking out some videos over under the GoPro camera title and I came across some in-car and on-car camera videos from a Global RallyCross event that took place at Charlotte.

The cameras are pretty cool because they tend to eliminate the vibrations you might get from a camera mounted on a vehicle or what not.  Many, many people are starting to use these new tools.

In one case here in my neck of the woods, two bicyclists were bit by a car, but I believe they had one of these HERO cameras on their handlebars and got really good pictures of the idio... I mean driver.  Of course, the owner's mother reported the car "stolen" sometime after the hit-and-run.  Hmm.

But back on track...  check out this video from the RallyCross.  The volume is loud on the vid, so beware.  And once you get past the intro sections (Travis Pastrana was there) and into the racing, I was impressed/surprised how much beating and banging go into these races.  My first thought was wow, it's like some of those video games I've seen!!!

Anyhow, enjoy!  It's interesting to see.  -Bruce



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, but I need to moderate to keep my spammer fans out of the comment zone....