Friday, March 23, 2007

Bruce's OPINION - The COT

Along with making it harder for teams to acquire just any sponsor due to the exclusivity contracts popping up in NASCAR these days, I am also seeing is the deviation even further from the NASCAR fan being able to buy a car that looks like winning car their favorite driver put across the finish line first.

I'm not saying it's good or bad. It is what it is. In the 'golden' days, when a driver won, the car that Monday after the race would see increased sales. Hey, face it, the fan can say, see this new car - it just won last weekends race!

But as technology and safety concerns developed it's own momentum, I don't think we'll be able to rush out and buy a car with rear wing and front splitter options for us to drive anymore. That certain appeal has taken the side road of illusion and we are going to have to be satisfied with diecasts of these boxy looking beasts that no longer have the sleek look we've come to appreciate.

Then again, that sleek look created the faster cars that were hitting the walls harder.

I don't like the look. I hope someone decides to modify it a bit more to look a bit more curvy, but for now, this is what we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, but I need to moderate to keep my spammer fans out of the comment zone....