Saturday, March 24, 2007

ABC / ESPN Coverage - Nitpick by Bruce

Where do I start?Carl Edwards won the Busch event today, as he pulls up and stops at the finish line, ABC switches over to skiing coverage. I had taped the race, so if they switched over to ESPN, I missed it.

No back flip for us TV viewers. Thanks ABC.

There were a few other items that irked me about the ESPN / ABC coverage.

The show’s opening sequence of the Busch telecast were clips of Cup series scenes. It’s a Busch event, we should see teasers of, well, the Busch series, don’t you think?

The green flag flies for the start of the race. We can see in the back half of the pack, they’re going 3 and 4 wide to go around or avoid something that happened, but no one mentions it.

When Steven Wallace gets passed by Carl Edwards, then Ryan Newman slams the door on Wallace taking 2nd, ABC ponders if Ryan Newman can take advantage of the opening made by this pass for the lead. Uh, guys, it already happened.

Jon Wood has a pretty weird looking wreck. Yet every replay, instead of freeze framing it for us and pointing the car out to us, they just kept showing it and we keep missing it.

It’s an ABC telecast, but they keep referring to themselves as ESPN. Shouldn’t they call it ABC when they are televising on ABC?


I've been spoiled by Fox, NBC, Speed.. anyone else. I hope they come around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, but I need to moderate to keep my spammer fans out of the comment zone....