Friday, September 26, 2008

Will The Truck Series Stay Afloat With Camping Gear???

According to ESPN, NASCAR is in negotiations with Camping World to become the title sponsor for the Truck Series, as Craftsman Tools will be on the way out at the end of this year.

If they do take over as the title sponsor, Kevin Harvick was reported to say that they will still be his sponsor on his truck in 2009.  (Better look for a new one for 2010 just in case Kevin!)

source

Now, let's hope that NASCAR doesn't screw this one up.

What I mean by that is when Busch backed out and let their contract expire over in the Busch (Now called the Nationwide) series when NASCAR tried to squeeze more $$ from them for the sponsorship.  After some wheeling, dealing and redealing, Nationwide finally got the bid, but it was at around the same price level that Busch was paying for before their contract fizzled.  It seemed that NASCAR may have wanted too much for most company's taste.  Or in my eyes, they could have kept Busch in the picture if they hadn't of squeezed.  (I'm going purely off of memory here, so anyone else feels like backing me up or correcting me, please step in.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, but I need to moderate to keep my spammer fans out of the comment zone....