Friday, September 5, 2008

Tight in Turn Two: So Who's Gonna Make the Chase?

Here we are: Looking at Richmond for the determination of who's getting into the chase and who's not.

Richmond racing is fun enough, but the added complexity of that chase bubble makes it even more interesting to watch and analyze.

With that said, I have to wonder who will get in the Chase. And will Kyle be able to keep it together to win the Cup?

Being I don't like talking to myself... it makes me look funny, I thought I'd drag Charlie Turner of On Pit Row into the conversation and see what he thinks too!

Bruce: If we go on just plain old performance, I think Kasey Kahne can get himself back up into the chase field and Clint Bowyer will be on the outside looking in, right alongside David Ragan. Heck, they way Jeff Gordon's year is going, I would not be surprised to see him fall out of the top 12. (And then NASCAR can make it the top 14 next year!!)

But lady luck seems to have it's own idea of who she's looking at and with it being Richmond, dare I say David Ragan just might squeak in?

Positions 6th to 14th are all looking at each other. Kasey Kahne and David Ragan are going to spend the entirety of the race wondering who is going to break so they can surpass them into the chase.

In the end, it doesn't matter. Everyone will be chasing Kyle, Carl and Jimmie for the Cup.

Charlie from On Pit Row: Just a hunch, but I think Ragan will get in and Bowyer will slide out of the playoffs. Maybe Clint is distracted by his Nationwide Series championship battle. I don't know but I'll take the Roush-Fenway car over the RCR car there.

As for your champ - Jimmy Johnson makes it three in a row. Too much experience and he stomped everyone at these tracks in 2007. He'll win four races in the Chase.

Bruce: I don't normally blind side Charlie with a rebuttal, but I must say: I can't take another Jimmy Johnson Championship!!

I collect diecasts, and I have all but one diecast of NASCAR champions, all the way back to year one. I've already got two Number 48's in my display case... I want a different car this year!!!

~

Of course, Charlie asked me what I thought about the following:

Many, if not most, Dale Earnhardt Jr fans seem to be disappointed in Junior's season so far in 2008. Are they justified?

Check out what we had to say.
~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, but I need to moderate to keep my spammer fans out of the comment zone....