Thursday, September 11, 2008

September 11th, Please, Remember

Take a moment and take pause from your busy day.
Remember those whom we lost on that tragic day in 2001.

The selfless heroes who charged into the carnage to help people,
The terrified victims in the towers who didn't know what, or why.
The selfless search and rescue folk who had to endure being the first one's to find what they found in the ensuing days.

The week afterwards, I was in the region.
The airports were empty.
Newspaper racks with old, irrelevant news from the 10th of September.
For the first time in my life I saw focused unity.
Flags everywhere.
Condolences everywhere.
And no matter where I went, someone, somewhere, had known someone involved.
I lost friends on the planes, so I wasn't alone.

So please, take a moment and remember everyone who was lost or involved.

And the next time you grumble about airport security, take a moment, and remember.

Is it an inconvenience to try and prevent similar mourning yet again?

Just a moment is all I ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, but I need to moderate to keep my spammer fans out of the comment zone....