Tuesday, September 24, 2013

My NASCAR TV Era Starts to Fail Me

Well, it finally happened.  My NASCAR TV landscape failed me for the first time ever, in my memory.  And that's a long memory

Last weekend I ran out of things to watch and I needed a fix.  I needed something from NASCAR to sooth my addiction... I mean fandom.

And this was the first time that, since SPEED TV became Fox Sports 1, that I went cruising looking for something on TV NASCAR related.

I would have taken anything, any snippet of news, of rumors, or even just a headline about NASCAR.

And when Speed TV was around, I was always able to tune in when ever I wanted and got my dose of Sprint Cup.  But alas, this moment that I dread, was upon me.

I picked up the remote and started cruising the channels.  Left, right, up, down... the sports category was void of the colors of NASCAR.  There was no news about the sport.  No upcoming shows about it.  Nada.  (No, not NAPA, nada.)

I could not even find Days of Thunder, no Ricky Bobby.

I sat there, realizing that by the power of TV ratings, or the lack there of, I've been abandoned to my own devices.  Sadly, I quieted my TV, curled up and went into withdrawal. 

(I was just looking for an excuse to take a nap... so this was OK)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, but I need to moderate to keep my spammer fans out of the comment zone....