Friday, February 21, 2014

The Twin Duels, The Annoying Website, And Failed Coverage

This year the duel qualifiers for the Daytona 500 were night races, aired on FoxSports 1, and were interesting in and of themselves.

We had a big wreck at the back end of the last duel, but that's what the network likes.  Something exciting to sell TV viewers.  I mean, Clint Bowyer did a barrel roll.  How cool, (without injury), is that?

But dang.

I used to be able to pull up a web interface and watch the Fox telecast online.  No longer.  I could not find it online.

I tried to sign up for the "free" RaceView, but it was broken.  Again.

So I had to settle for the live leader boards, which for now, is better than nothing, until I was able to get to a TV.

But while I was tinkering around on the website, I have to say, those blasted drop down menus from every single banner link are *ing annoying.  Every time my mouse drifts over a link in that section, this huge drop down menu would get in my way.  And it usually isn't relevant to what I am trying to do.

I'm not that fond of the new website and the way it behaves, always willing to pump new content in my face if my mouse cursor goes a little errant, and has driven me to find other sources of news and info so I don't have to deal with that.

In fact, while looking at the home page, I flicked my mouse to the top of my browser, and somehow, my page is now filled with Fantasy league options.

NASCAR!  This has to be changed.  This is pretty annoying.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
- - -

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, but I need to moderate to keep my spammer fans out of the comment zone....