Friday, November 14, 2008

The End Of An Era: Stewart and JGR


This weekend, Tony Stewart will be competing in his last race for Joe Gibbs Racing.

Sunday ends a 10-year era that saw him bring 33 wins and two NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championships to JGR.

In 2009, Stewart will venture into new territory and drive for his own team – Stewart-Haas Racing. And he's got himself a whippin' boy: Ryan Newman will be driving the other car under the Stewart-Haas roof.*

A Note to Tony:
Thanks for the 10 years of bright orange fun whipping around the track, or you whipping photographers around the track. Either way, it's been fun.

You've been through a lot, and come through a lot. We've been there with you through it all: Cussing you out and rooting you on, either way, we've enjoyed the stay you've had at the No. 20.

Good luck with your new venture Tony!


I don't know about you, but I was surprised when Zippie didn't go with him. But the bread is buttered in such a way to keep Zippie at JGR. Face it, he's got the next Stewart Jr. coming under his auspices. Would you go anywhere else?

*I couldn't help myself with adding the funny in the LR corner of the Stewart / Newman image. But Stewarts face just says "I am planning my next evil prank!!".

Comments are always welcome here at Bits and Pieces.
Images: Nascar Media Press Site

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, but I need to moderate to keep my spammer fans out of the comment zone....