Thursday, December 6, 2007

2007 NASCAR Awards Ceremony

I just got done watching the 2007 awards banquet on tape.
Yes, I'm either that slow, or that busy.

Thank you Dr Jerry Punch.
A perfectly delivered announcing task.

Thank you to all the guys in NASCAR, drivers, crews, even the governing body.

Thank you to the VCR gods for the invention of the VCR.
I don't think I could have sat through the whole show at real time speed.

The drivers seems reserved, or constrained. (I heard rumor NASCAR was putting reigns on their energetic possibilities!)

I think they even put a damper on Kelly Clarkson who normally likes bouncing and jumping around on stage while she sings, but not at this show.

I don't know who the woman is who announced each driver, but her drawl drove me batty and I literally thanked the VCR gods.


David Spade. I thought that with some fresh comedy blood in the mix, the comedy would be a nice mix of different, but it seemed like who ever wrote his skits, wrote all the skits for the previous NASCAR banquet years and I cringed for David during his delivery.

I liked Jeff Gordon looking more human than normal as he teared up thinking about is little baby. I liked the twist up of the supporting wife role when Tony Stewart had to extol the virtues of his crew chief.

Well, that officially closed the 2007 season for me.. on to 2008 Sprint Cup season in February. According to my clock, I've got 72 days until the Daytona 500!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, but I need to moderate to keep my spammer fans out of the comment zone....