Thursday, December 13, 2007

Some Bits and Pieces - DEI, Johnson, Nationwide, BHR, Bruton Smith stuff

Crew chief Ryan Pemberton has left Dale Earnhardt Inc., and the team said Doug Richert will replace him beginning Wednesday.  (What's that phrase, Git while the Gittin's good?)  More details at ESPN
~~~

Jimmy Johnson is no longer part of the Gillette Young Guns gang.  The ties have been severed so Jimmie can capitalize on his back to back championships with the type of off-track deals that will broaden his appeal and take his endorsement reach beyond the race track."  Jimmie, Jimmie Jimmie.. I hope that's not your agent talking.  Many a football career has been dinged from agents.  I'm kind of surprised that the millions he's making isn't enough.  Maybe his wife needs new shoes.. ok, that's ok by me!   Scene Daily
~~~

A quote from Greg Biffle:  "Don't tell anybody, but if we never got any money or points and they didn't pay me, I'd still race the Busch Series," he said. "Just because I love driving the cars. It's my passion. But I don't feel like Cup guys should be eligible for the championship. They just shouldn't be."

There are many who are calling for NASCAR to curb the Cup driver participation in some form or fashion, and chairman Brian France has indicated changes are on the way.  (But, Cup drivers have always been a part of the secondary series and the series still flourishes today, despite all the "issues" people see.)  You can read the entire article, and there is lots more to read, over at Fox Sports.
~~~

Another race team bites the "buy in" bullet, as Bobby Hamilton Racing has formed an alliance with Arrington Manufacturing.
Scene Daily
~~~

Wow, when does it mean for a sport when most of the teams need outside funding and prize purses aren't enough to keep the participants funded.

~~~

Is this kissing backside, or what?  Goodbye Speedway Boulevard; hello Bruton Smith Boulevard.  With nothing more to say, I turn you over to the link at ThatsRacin.
~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, but I need to moderate to keep my spammer fans out of the comment zone....