Thursday, December 27, 2007

Penske Points Swap Approved

NASCAR has approved Penske Racing's request to transfer the owner points from Kurt Busch to Sam Hornish Jr., a move that locks the three-time IndyCar Series champion into the first five races of next season.

foxsports

I've said this before and I'll say it again.. I think, though hopeful and showing a chunk of faith in his driver, that this is a waste of the points on Hornish for Penske. Hornish has not shown any kind of performance that could possibly warrant this.

In 2 cup starts, he's garnered 125 points in the Cup series.
In the Busch Series, he's started 9 times for 551 points.

I'd like to see him do well, but is he lacking a hi-tech crutch that he used to get from his other series? Is he not a seat of the pants type of driver?

Don't get me wrong.. I'd like to see him do well, and I hope he does take advantage of the shoe-in's he's gotten from Kurt Busch's points.. (And here's hoping Kurt doesn't have any unperceived qualifying problems!) but when do we say, hey, this isn't for Sam and let's get some other young gun in here to be given the chance they CAN take advantage of.

Amazon.com: Biederlack Kurt Busch 60" x 80" Throw Blanket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, but I need to moderate to keep my spammer fans out of the comment zone....