Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Hornish now in NASCAR but

Sam Hornish Jr., the 28-year-old American, who is the most successful driver in the history of the championship with three titles and 19 wins - including last year's Indy 500 -, is leaving single-seaters to race full-time in NASCAR next season.

When asked if he would ever return to IndyCar's Hornish said: "I sure hope so.

"I hope they move the schedule so that somebody could do it. That's my goal. If I never ran in the Indy 500 again or an IndyCar Series race I would probably say I would be disappointed about that."

Details of the article are over at eurosport.yahoo

As I think about this, it seems like he's being pushed into NASCAR.  Hornish hasn't done well in any of the NASCAR series he's attempted, and yet we keep seeing him looking to make the field.  Is Penske pushing him where he doesn't want to be?  (Can we say Ganassi?)  I feel a bit stronger now that I've seen Hornish's public statement about hoping to run in the IndyCar Series again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, but I need to moderate to keep my spammer fans out of the comment zone....