Tuesday, April 10, 2012

NASCAR'S Now Streaming, But Why Isn't It Part of The Free Preview?

One of the better developments these days is that all of NASCAR's content from SiriusXM, Channel 90, is streaming to your nearest PC and mobile devices.

That in itself is a great achievement now that NASCAR was free of whatever contractual restrictions kept it off the wire for so long.  Though with every rose, there is a thorn!

If you already pay your basic subscription rate, well, some thought that the streaming would come with it, but that's not the case.  As it's not the case for other popular venues on the satellite provider either.

Paying your base subscription rate does not allow you access to anything else, unless you pay extra for it.  Such is the way these days.

A Side Note

I remember when cable TV started breaking out the different channels into tiers.  Where I lived, they sent out a survey and a year later, the channels we all said we loved became extra-fee programming tiers.  Not sure how that helped them serve us better, but ever since, I've always been leery of surveys.  LOL.

But what sparked this small tirade is that SiriusXM is having a free month of streaming as a preview, until May 6th, of certain sports networks...   But I see no NASCAR content in that preview.  They have IZOD IndyCar Series.  They have NHL and NBA content.  PGA, MLB, Oprah and Public Radio... but no NASCAR.

Timing

I would think this would have been the perfect time to have NASCAR be a part of this or some other content special.  It just went public with live streaming and folks like this fan, are pondering the idea of picking up the streaming service...  even if it adds to my base rate.

We're just getting into the racing season...  we want to hear it, and getting teased now would be perfect for the rest of the season.  And I would think a late-season preview may not cut it, unless they're planning on something just before NASCAR Chase season-closing set of races.

But for now, I wonder where, oh where, is that free trial to tempt us to sign up so SiriusXM can sink their teeth just a tiny bit farther into my wallet.  I'm near willing and a free preview would have cinched it for me!

=

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, but I need to moderate to keep my spammer fans out of the comment zone....