Saturday, May 3, 2008

Talladega Speedway Ain't That Big

I've been playing with Google Earth.

We all know that Talladega is the largest track on the NASCAR circuit. But when you compare it to the Hyundai Test Center near California City, in California it doesn't look all that big anymore.

The images are captured from Google Earth, from the same altitude, which is my rough estimate of equal scale. The altitude chosen is ~20,000 feet, more or less.

I'm guessing NASCAR would want 2 restrictor plates per car on that track! Anyone want to be a test driver?

2 comments:

  1. I just looked up how big it is.
    SIX MILES!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thinking Charles. I had thought of that while I was out.. I need to get the measurements.. zoinks!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, but I need to moderate to keep my spammer fans out of the comment zone....