Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Matt Kenseth's Last Roush Ride This Sunday

An era is coming to a close and I am preparing for the confusion that will be set forth next year as Matt Kenseth is looking to take his last laps in a Roush Fenway Racing Ford this Sunday.

When Matt starts this Sunday, it will be his 471st start behind the wheel of a Roush machine. 

After all these years, I'd never suspect that Kenseth would actually leave Roush Fenway Racing.  In fact, I'm suspicious that maybe he knows something we don't about the organization.  (The rats bailing on a sinking ship thing)  So I'm going to be keeping my eyes out for any developments in the near future.

Matt Kenseth moves to the No. 20 Toyota at Joe Gibbs Racing, replacing Joey Logano, while Logano heads to the No. 22 Ford of Penske Racing.

Did You Know:
The only time Matt Kenseth did not start behind the wheel of a Roush machine in the Cup Series was his debut at Dover in 1998.  He filled in for Bill Elliot in the McDonald's Ford.  (Bill grieved the loss of George Elliott.)  Matt finished 6th.

His first Cup win came in 2000 at the Coca-Cola 600 at Lowe's Motor Speedway.

He brought Roush's first ever championship to the team in 2003.

-

It will be weird seeing him in the No. 20 Toyota, but I think he'll be able to do wondrous things with that machine.

2 comments:

Sorry, but I need to moderate to keep my spammer fans out of the comment zone....