Friday, January 18, 2013

NASCAR Testing At Kennedy Space Center?

No, NASCAR isn't headed to space, but they're using some NASA property to test their cars! And despite the lack of left turns, they're testing at the Kennedy Space Center!

Turns out that RCR, Joe Gibbs Racing and Michael Waltrip Racing are using the NASA Shuttle Landing facility that's located south of Daytona for straight-line car testing.

The facility is flat, smooth and very long.  15,000 feet long or close to a 3-mile long strip that's perfect for some aerodynamic testing.  That and it's closer to North Carolina than a proving ground facility in Arizona is.

-

I think that would be pretty cool, to be able to attack a huge straight piece of smooth pavement where I could put my foot into it and not let up until the car can't go any faster... or I ran out of runway!

-

source: FoxSports.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, but I need to moderate to keep my spammer fans out of the comment zone....