Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Landon Cassill Is Out at BK Racing

News today is that Landon Cassill has exited his ride at BK Racing, effectively immediately.  It seems that there were some issues with his 2012 contract with BKR, which impeded the process of securing a contract for the 2013 season.

(CONJECTURE:) With Cassill out, this makes room for David Reutimann to take control of the wheel for the 2013 season for the BK Racing Toyota.  (The No. 83 car.)

This is sad news for Cassill fans, but Reutimann fans are probably pretty ecstatic.

Cassill left gracefully, noting the facts about his contractual issues, and adding that,

"I would like to thank my BK Racing team and especially Burger King and Dr. Pepper for the opportunity to represent such iconic brands..  I'm looking forward to my next opportunity in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series."

Leaving gracefully is always a bonus for any professional athlete and Landon seemed to conduct himself rather intelligently.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, but I need to moderate to keep my spammer fans out of the comment zone....