Monday, January 28, 2013

New Power Couple in Racing, I'm Not Worried About Favoritism

Wow, it was early January when Danica Patrick announced her divorce from her husband and almost late January when the news broke that she and Ricky Stenhouse Jr. announced their union.

Aside from the obvious initial emotional reactions, there was concern about favoritism that might be shown between these two drivers while on the track.

To be honest, the middle third of any race is give and take and I'd expect the same from these two, between them.

But when it got down to it (no pun intended there), I don't think they'd give too much to each other on the track.

And even if they did, so what?  There are teams out there and to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if this happened out there.  Folks give each other room at times, or let someone lead a bit for bonus points.  It's just racing.

But if these or any two drivers were at the top of the points facing off against the other driver in the points standings, I bet it would be serious business, no matter who is looking for a spot.

I'm not too worried about it... are you?

- - -

Seriously... Ricky aimed for the older woman.  Zing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, but I need to moderate to keep my spammer fans out of the comment zone....