Sunday, October 27, 2013

Kyle Larson: Karma, Luck or Inexperience?

Kyle Larson has had two Sprint Cup Series starts, both ending prematurely.

At Charlotte, his motor gave up, at Martinsville, his back end gave up the ghost.
It got this question in my mind... if these premature race endings come from karma, bad luck or inexperience in a Cup Series car?
Karma?:
My first exposure to Kyle was when we won three races in one weekend at one track.  All pretty much in what I call, "Carl Edwards fashion," wrecking someone to catch the checkers.  That was my first exposure to the kid.
Inexperience?:
I'm not saying he's inexperienced, in the realm of racing.  But these failures are also failures you see inexperienced drivers do.  If they're all pedal, and all go/no-go, sometimes that trashes engines and components.  And not quite knowing how to master the techniques of a Cup car, maybe that was a factor.
Luck?:

More than likely, it's just bad, bad luck for his two Cup starts. 

-

He's got some great raw talent and we'll be seeing him in the Sprint Cup field behind the wheel of an EGR car in 2014.
Too bad.  I don't have the most faith in any EGR team, but who knows, right chemistry, timing, it could happen for both EGR and Kyle Larson.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Follow NASCAR Bits and Pieces on Facebook or Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, but I need to moderate to keep my spammer fans out of the comment zone....