Sunday, July 8, 2007

Did Kyle Busch have no Team Help?

After the Pepsi 400, Kyle Busch, in his ever usual, quiet, reserved commentary (NOT!!) noted that it looked like "We just didn't quite have the teammate situation worked out [Saturday night]".

And further statements made by Kyle:
"Walking down pit road, saying congratulations to Jeff Gordon, I got blown off," Busch said. "I guess I'm the outsider looking in now and I'll probably not be invited to the team meetings next week."

While I was watching the race, I got caught up in the whole front pack dealing spots out with the draft and missed it, but as I read the article, it seems that, like with Vickers, it's possible the Hendrick Motorsports cold shoulder may be coming his way.

If you remember, Vickers was ousted from team meetings near the end of his contract, and I'm wondering if it's possible that Kyle may start seeing that also. HMS quoted the premise of protecting proprietary information for the reason Vickers was not admitted to the team meetings.

"There were a few opportunities for them to get behind me at the end," Busch said. "[Gordon] especially, we were running there behind him and he got passed by [McMurray].

"I was on the inside lane and Jeff was clear a lap later and could have helped us and gotten three Hendrick cars in a row but chose not to do so. He chose to stay up high and help a Roush car.".


See the entire Kyle article, by Mark Aumann at nascar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, but I need to moderate to keep my spammer fans out of the comment zone....