Sunday, October 7, 2012

Check Out The Pink On-Track & In The Broadcast (Breast Cancer Awareness)


I like seeing the pink out there on the track.  Whether it be on a car as a highlight tone, the primary color of the car or a driver/crew member wearing something pink, it's a reminder that October is Breast Cancer Awareness month.  I like the awareness it brings, even if it's just a moment that makes anyone think about it.

1 in 8 women will have to deal with breast cancer in one way or another.  If you do the math, it's a huge number of women.  If you look around, you'd be surprised.  No one talks about it, but when you or a family member is in the middle of the battle, and you talk to people in your life... well, it's amazing how many people I chatted with either had themselves, an immediate family member or a close friend who had to battle the darkness of breast cancer.

Over on my primary website where I often chat about breast cancer, there's this pitch I spout on about, that, well, you're about to hear yourself.  It's what I call the Power of One.

One of my wishes is that everyone who is watching a show sees the pink, that they step up, find a place to contribute and donate a $ingle Dollar.

I say that because if there's around 3, 4 or 5 million folks watching the race, well, that would be very cool to raise that kind of money, just like that.  All off of one dollar contributions, or as I like to say it, The Power of One!

If you or no one in your family hasn't experienced the trauma I get the lack of interest.  I was there.  I get it.  It's not directly impacting you.  But if you do go through the sudden rush of this horrible experience where on one day, your family gets that call from the doctor and by the end of the week, having had to make some tough decisions and be in surgery the following week, then you get it.  And it will never let you go either.

Here are a few suggested sources for donations, but to be honest, which ever works best for you.  That's because it's all the same goal, no matter where you send your helping dollar!

Regardless, THANK YOU for the consideration of this matter.

- - - - - - - -
National Breast Cancer Foundation
National Breast Cancer Awareness Month
Healthline Breast Cancer Anatomy
- - - - - - - - - - - - -


- -

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, but I need to moderate to keep my spammer fans out of the comment zone....