Friday, October 5, 2007

Denny Hamlin Finds Himself Parked

NASCAR cracked down on bump-drafting in the first Cup practice Friday at Talladega Superspeedway, and Denny Hamlin caught the first wave of repercussions as he was parked late in the session.

"They made a general warning right at the beginning to everyone to stop using the front bumpers, and after that I got hit probably 20 to 30 times," Hamlin said. "So I figured I'd just keep doing what I was doing. Right there at the end, I guess I was a little excessive."

It seems that NASCAR is trying to eliminate the use of the front bumper in restrictor plate racing, but that makes little sense to me as that has been the practice for as long as I remember..   you might as well keep a bird from flying in my opinion.

See the rest of the article at SceneDaily.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, but I need to moderate to keep my spammer fans out of the comment zone....