Monday, October 15, 2007

A Top 10 for Michael Waltrip


I don't know if anyone noticed, but in the top 10 finishers at Lowe's in the Bank of America 500, Michael Waltrip finished finished 10th in the race.

If this is a sign of things to come, they're good things coming indeed because MWRH needs to start showing their "guns" and getting in the top 15 every race if they want to attract quality sponsors.

I'd like to think they can do. Michael has a great personality for the camera and a refreshing face to see during in-race or post race interviews.

Source: michaelwaltrip.com

2 comments:

  1. I noticed Waltrip's 10th place finish, but I think it's really more of a sign of the entire Toyota program finally beginning to turn the corner. I'm definitely more impressed with Dave Blaney bringing home consecutive top 5 finishes in the past two races.

    What was most surprising about Waltrip, though, was the fact that I don't think I heard his name mentioned the entire broadcast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since Toyota figured out their engines needed more pull coming off the corners, the Toyota camp has improved in the latter half of the season.

    Sadly, cameras are all on Jr, Gordon, Johnson and the money guys, while guys like Waltrip seems to only get press when bad things pop up...

    Hopefully, that will turn around for them next year.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, but I need to moderate to keep my spammer fans out of the comment zone....