Thursday, May 8, 2008

Boo on Bobby Rahal - He Watched the Speed Racer Movie Preview

Yea, these guys aren't the serious movie going types I'm sure, since they spend their entire waking life in a car.. but I thought this was an interesting take on some race car drivers take on the movie:

Bobby & Graham Rahal were given the honors of being given a preview showing of Speed Racer the Movie. Bobby is a former Indy 500 winner and race team co-owner with David Letterman, while son Graham recently won the IRL Honda Grand Prix.

I liked their takes on the flick that ranged from:

Graham: Well, I certainly never watched Speed Racer, and maybe that's why I was so bored with the movie because I couldn't follow the plot. Of course, I understood the family story line and the Racer X stuff and all that, but the rest of it? What a mess.

So this may bode ill for non Speed Racer fans.


Bobby: I suspect you would have to be a religious Speed Racer fan to make much sense of it, but even still, this is a movie that I imagine mostly kids will enjoy, not their parents who grew up on the cartoon. The kids might like the racing scenes. Personally, the computer animation graphics assaulted my senses.

Hmm, is this a note from someone who doesn't go to movies much and was taken by surprise?

But the line that really got me came from Bobby Rahal:

Bobby: Only highlight for me was that there was nothing about NASCAR in it.

Grr.. I am sure he's just joking.. really.. it must be a joke.. isn't it? Now I'm waiting for the "It was taken out of context" public retraction!


Source: ESPN

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, but I need to moderate to keep my spammer fans out of the comment zone....