Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The FoxSports Fantasy League: A Review - Or A Warning


It's Friday morning, 4:45 AM, I click on my master link web page that I've created for myself to take me to the Fox Fantasy Auto Racing Page. From that page, I click on the link to access my team. Seems easy enough.

At the MSN FoxSports web page (The page where I had to create an account for this service 3x before anything worked), I put in my account and password (It's an angry password, so it's easy to remember) and then it takes me to the FOX Sports Registration Page yet again. That's the page you encounter when you first give them all your marketing info.. I mean sign up to play.

Yep - Every time I log in, it treats me as if I've never been to the site before, but I figured out a trick. After I've been brought to the registration page (Which btw, filling out again never helps me), I go back to the first page with my jump link and click on the link again and I finally get taken to the page where I can manage my team.

Whew! That was just for signing in and yes, I've tried it from different computers at home, and at work.. same problem.. Fox Sports or MSN Live ID.. not sure which, but it just doesn't like me because other guys in my league don't have the same problems, so I'm just "lucky" in a weird sort of way.

So did I mention it was 4:45 AM Friday morning and I was looking to "manage" my lineup for Sunday NIGHTS Coca Cola 600, but alas, I am locked out from that function because Fox Sports locked down the lineup change pretty dang early in my opinion!

When I get serious about a league, I put some time into it. Track practice and qualifying and other variables play into the choice of the line up pretty much right up to the green flag for me, or as close as possible to the green flag, and there are a few leagues out there that let you do that.. but I can't make any valid choices for the race in the Fox Fantasy league.. just some suppositions from past performances and hope for the best. Pff.

On top of that you can only pick any one driver four times and then he's unavailable to you after that.. so I use a driver 3x, then pick others. This way during the last few weeks, I still have power players to choose from if I'm not too much in a hole at this point.

Speaking of which, since I'm thinking about it I better go over and pick for Dover.. and sure enough, I am warned that the deadline for Sunday's race is Friday at 3:05pm.

This week, I'm reduced to Greg Biffle, Matt Kenseth, David Ragan and Martin Truex Jr. Three Fords and a Chevy..

I'm doomed in this league for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, but I need to moderate to keep my spammer fans out of the comment zone....