Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Mikey Thinks Stupid Things Make you Madder and SMI Sees Flat Ticket Sales

Waltrip Getting Frustrated?
Despite the run-in that Waltrip and Mears had last weekend, they have seemed to have gotten over it.

If you recall, Casey Mears had a moment wrecked, collecting Michael Waltrip. Waltrip in turn, used his car to try and drive through Casey's car down the front stretch. NASCAR didn't think that was cool, and he was parked for the rest of the race for that lunacy. (But how do I really feel?)

Waltrip said:

"It was just an accident and Casey's a good dude," Waltrip said. "I know he didn't do it on purpose and sometimes when somebody does something that I viewed as being pretty stupid, that will make you madder than if someone did something on purpose.

"It was unfortunate for me that I got wrecked and as soon as he came off the wall he was just right there in front of me and I lost my cool for a split second and ran into the back of him."

Split second? Somebody does something pretty stupid? I think Mikey is losing it, but that's just me. He needs to back away from one aspect of the sport or another or he'll solidy lock up the "Kyle Petty" syndrome, if some of you don't already think he has!

Source: Fox Sports

On top of the above, it seems that there will be no further penalties in store for the boy, despite a history of drivers getting some pretty good fines for the same behavior in previous years.

Kathy's Pit Stop makes a good presentation of the issue for further reading.

Flat Ticket Sales

Maybe "stupid" will sell more tickets. Or at least that's what I think SMI might hope, since they've announced that ticket sales for the first part of the year has been lackluster... Despite Vegas being a near sell out, they still didn't have to put up temp bleachers to handle over flow.

Inclement weather doesn't help the other tracks either, with patrons leery to purchase tickets with possible bad weather and marathon track visits like the one at CA in store for them.

Of course, for some reason which I suspect is not the one he professes, the potential of moving one of the Atlanta dates, Wheeler said moving the October race to Labor Day in a swap with Auto Club (California) Speedway is still a possibility. (I wonder what he has up his sleeve, and no, I never trust track promoters afters what's happened over the last few years with other tracks.)

Source: Scene Daily.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, but I need to moderate to keep my spammer fans out of the comment zone....