Saturday, July 6, 2013

Jimmy Spencer Calls Out NASCAR on Restart Rules

I came across an interesting piece on Fox Sports written by Jimmy Spencer (I presume THE Jimmy Spencer) calling out NASCAR to change the restart rules.

In his piece, he talks about how the new car is mucking up the restart rules because we're seeing more and more issues with the "restart box."  AKA, Jimmie Johnson's adventures with restarts.

Spencer says the rules are " are ridiculous. They’re too convoluted."

He says that it seems silly that at the end of a race, the news that makes it to the headlines is the restart.

His suggestion is that NASCAR change the rules and to fix this process, create one restart line rather than this restart box.

-

I like his thinking on the one restart line.   And I present it here to you to ponder.

But I will take it a step further... why not let the flagman (or flagperson) be the end-all of restarts.  They throw the green flag and you have to go.  So be ready.

Is there anything wrong with that idea?  I'm sure there is, since I probably don't know all the angles to this process, but that's my first thought on the issue.
Fox Sports article. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, but I need to moderate to keep my spammer fans out of the comment zone....