Sunday, January 4, 2009

Sadler Filing Lawsuit?

Elliott Sadler has filed notice that he will be filing a breach of contract lawsuit against GEM for their actions in hiring A.J. Allmendinger and replacing Sadler with their new driver.  According to the threat of the lawsuit, Salder has until January 20th to actually file the lawsuit.

This is a sad state of affairs.  With Sadler's contract having been extended through 2010, he thought he had a ride.  Yet it did seem pretty clear the A.J. was doing pretty good in the GEM equipment and I was happy that he was recognized.

I also presumed that if GEM was letting Sadler go, they'd compensate him with some kind of early release package.

But I cringe at the idea of Sadler lobbing a lawsuit at GEM.  I only cringe because unlike most drivers who take their lumps and move on, I can only guess that future potential bosses look at this at does it make them second guess hiring Elliott?  What if something goes wrong with a sponsor?  WIll Elliott file a lawsuit for that?

The last driver that didn't really play ball in this fashion was a fairly competet driver.  Now Jeremy Mayfield was looking at trying to start his own Truck series team.  Is that because noone will go near a multiple-time lawsuit filer? 

You can never tell, but I'm not sure this is the best course of action for Elliott.  In the long run, as far as the political nature of one's career is concerned.  I can only hope that his standing up for himself doesn't hurt him in the long run.

new source:  thatsracin
~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, but I need to moderate to keep my spammer fans out of the comment zone....