Monday, February 27, 2012

'Daytona 500' Set For a 7PM ET Monday Night Start, Weather Permitting


The postponed Daytona 500:  That was the thought on my mind when I woke up this morning.  For the first time in the history of the Daytona 500, it was postponed from its scheduled start day.  Ug!

I snagged my smartphone and started dissecting Twitter to see if the weather forecasts were right or not about it raining all day today in Daytona Beach, FL..  And sure enough, I was seeing tweets like if I had to guess, I'd say a 5 or 6 hour delay.  And others were tweeting about the liquid sunshine getting in the way of the Daytona 500 starting at noon, ET.

I looked over the weather forecast for the region and noted that it predicted weather all day up until around 6pm local time, and then after 6pm, a 20% chance of rain.

Then the media reports started coming in and from The Daly Planet, the consummate media covering outlet is this:

"Confirmed: FOX confirms all local TV station affiliates nationwide will carry Daytona 500 tonight 7PM ET."

This means 4pm for the west coast and 7pm for the east coast.  But what I don't know is what is going to happen to the House Winter Finale on Fox tonight!

-Bruce

= = =





No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, but I need to moderate to keep my spammer fans out of the comment zone....