Friday, October 3, 2008

The New Budweiser Shootout

Cruisin' the internet, I came across a great little perspective on the "New" format of the Budweiser Shootout, and how's it's not focused on cars, not drivers, and how this came about.

The change to the number of laps and how some drivers feel about it, and how

Basically, it's about Coors sponsoring the pole award and needing to make a distinction.
It also touches on the obvious inequities in qualifying top cars within the brands.

It's a great read. Go check it out at SportingNews.com.

Reid Spencer also touches on an interesting tidbit about A.J. Allmendinger that I missed through all this noise about his leaving the Red Bull Team, but I won't blow that... I'll let you go see for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, but I need to moderate to keep my spammer fans out of the comment zone....