Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Benson wins Truck Race

by Bruce Simmons

After a late race spin by the race leaders, Kyle Busch and Travis Kvapil, Johnny Benson's late race pit stop paid off, the fresher tires helping him to hold off newlywed Brendan Gaughan to win the NASCAR Craftsman Trucks Series' O'Reilly 200 on Wednesday night.

Mark Martin finished third, followed by Mike Skinner and Rick Crawford.

nascar.com

Normally, I don't have anything bad to say about Speed TV's coverage, but it felt like they had ESPN staff on loan!

At one point, for quite some time, all we saw were the 4 front running trucks spread out, but no other trucks.. I thought it was a 4 truck race!! Then at one point, we see a truck starting to spin out of a corner, but they pan away to the front of the pack before we see him lose it!! Ack!! Quit teasing me!!

Ok, that's really all I got, it wasn't that bad, but there was an aweful lot of focus on the leaders and not a lot of focus on the pack of trucks racing each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, but I need to moderate to keep my spammer fans out of the comment zone....