Monday, August 20, 2007

Dale Earnhardt Jr and The History of the # 8

Back on July 8th... Huh? That was unintentional, but should be worth some credity worthy praise, right?

Anyway, back in July, I posted a small article about the last 30 drivers, yep, count them, 30, that drove a car with the # 8 on it. That list included the likes of Sterling Marlin, Jeff Burton and Dick Trickle. I only went back as far as 1975. (You can find my post HERE)

It looks like Ryan McGee of ESPN has one upped me, and put out an article showing ALL the drivers of a car with the #8 on it, (82 in all) and their track records so to speak and he's softening the blow when Dale Earnhardt Jr moves on to start another legacy for us.

It's a great article for those curious about the legacy, and he seems to hint at the '08' in red nations future, or at least that's how I'm reading it, and that will make it much easier on the tatoo wearers in the halls of NASCAR fans!!

On a sidebar: I heard a caller on The Morning Drive on Sirius Satellite the other day say it would be great for Jr to drive a 33 car. HELLO? Jr. has said himself he isn't looking for a ride with the 3 on it!! (Of course, now that I've said that, watch the 3 car show up in the Hendrick stable... huh?)

Here's the article: sports.espn.go.com (It's a great tidbit to read!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, but I need to moderate to keep my spammer fans out of the comment zone....