Friday, August 17, 2007

Harvick says Montoya Doesn't Drive Well

The actual title of the artile is: NASCAR's Harvick on Montoya: "He drives like he doesn't know what he's doing", but it was too long for a title for my taste...

Quotes from the article below:

Juan Pablo Montoya has generated animosity among his peers this season for aggressive driving that has led to crashes. (And from what I can tell, a crash almost every race!)

Harvick said. "He can run fast, but he's all over the place and every week it seems like he runs into a different person." At least he's not showing favoritism.

While Montoya is not concerned about being popular among his peers, he does want to be respected.

"Being a rookie, I want people to know if they're faster than me, I'll give them space," he said.



Bruce's Take:
I can't say one way or another on Montoya, to be honest. New drivers tend to push their threshold when they first come on to the Cup scene, and in their first year, they learn where their limits are, and how far they can, or should push other drivers, or their own cars.

With the media ALL OVER Montoya, we see his every action, which may not be any more aggressive than the other new drivers, but then again, he does seem to echo and behave like he doesn't care as he appears to be plowing through and fighting traffic, whether he's on the lead lap, or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, but I need to moderate to keep my spammer fans out of the comment zone....