Saturday, August 18, 2007

Teresa Earnhardt, Dale Jr, the number 8

Earlier, I posted the question whether DEI not letting the 8 go was spite, an emotional post / statement I made, (Post here) but it seems I might have been more on track than I suspected.

Dale Earnhardt Jr. blames his step-mother Teresa Earnhardt, the owner of Dale Earnhardt Inc., for not allowing the No. 8 to move with him to Hendrick Motorsports next season.

"She either feels too personal about the number, or the rift between me and her is too personal," Earnhardt Jr. said Saturday. "I'm not going to sit here and get personal about this. It's upsetting as hell and unfortunate, but that's just what happens sometimes."

"Max tried his butt off to make it work," Earnhardt Jr. said. "He was trying to talk to Teresa and get some sense into her."

Teresa Earnhardt was not at Michigan International Speedway on Saturday. (Oh, that's a shock!!) She rarely talks to the media.

See the whole article at espn.go.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, but I need to moderate to keep my spammer fans out of the comment zone....