Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Ovals are Where NASCAR needs to be

Whoa, before you get mad at me, this is just a re-link to an article David Poole wrote over on thatsracin.com.

The section of his article addressing his point starts out:

"People misunderstand my take on road course racing.

I don’t hate road courses. I think road racing is interesting in its own way, and it unquestionably requires driving skills and talents. The American Le Mans, Grand American and even the ChampCar series provide excellent venues for road racers to display their talents.

I just question what any of that has to do with stock car racing."

Read the whole article at this LINK.

Bruce's Take: I believe road courses bring the cream to the top. The most versatile drivers that are successful on ovals, can bring it to the crowd at road courses too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, but I need to moderate to keep my spammer fans out of the comment zone....