Friday, June 22, 2007

Dale Earnhardt Jr's Sony Contract - A Nit

Yesterday I posted the note about Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s new PERSONAL Services Contract with Sony. Today, while scouring the web for you, my readers, I came across a FoxSports web article that seems to be titled to garner attention, rather than attest to fact. The title of the article is:

Dale Jr. signs with Sony for Hendrick ride.

It seems fishy to me that they would title it that, but then I've seen reports posted, for example, with Jr.'s first press conference that he was leaving DEI, that dealt with THE fact that he was leaving DEI, but this article was posted at least 15 minutes before the press conference even started!! So I'm developing some suspicion as I review the web for information.

The article about the Sony contract does indeed clarify the following:

"His deal with Sony is a personal services contract that gives the company use of his name, likeness and voice for promotions. He also has a similar deal with Budweiser that will continue next year, regardless of what's on his car.

Budweiser has been Earnhardt's primary sponsor since 1999, and the beer manufacturer wants to continue its relationship with him at Hendrick. But car owner Rick Hendrick isn't actively pursuing new sponsors, and it's possible Bud could get shut out."

A curious note in the article says that Earnhardt's move to Hendrick is expected to clean up his sometimes scruffy image - which I don't get either, being that on TV, in an interview more than a week ago with Marty Snider, Hendrick himself said he doesn't want him to change.

OK, I'm done nit picking... There some other interesting tidbits in article.
Read the entire article at: foxsports

by Bruce Simmons, the Fan Reporter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, but I need to moderate to keep my spammer fans out of the comment zone....