Friday, June 29, 2007

NASCAR not Parking Drivers

I read an interesting quote on a dallasnews site by Texas Motor Speedway president Eddie Gossage:

"Until they park somebody for a race, you're not going to get everybody's attention. But the day you park a popular driver is the day I'll be demanding money back from my purse and sanctioning fee from NASCAR because there will be some people not showing up because their favorite driver isn't at the track. It puts NASCAR in a bind. It really does."

That statement echoes my concerns about parking the popular drivers and the sports income. The rest of the article addresses issues regarding penalties, and when you start parking drivers, you'll have a PGA event break out, meaning, since golfers can pick and choose where to compete, it's pure stress on the promoters for the events. (LOL, I like that analogy.)

He (Richard Durrett, the author) touches on past tales of cheating that are the more prominent tales of woe.

DallasNews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, but I need to moderate to keep my spammer fans out of the comment zone....