Friday, October 31, 2008

Driver Points Standings, The Top 5


As we head into the final races of the season, it seems almost like a certainty to most that Jimmie Johnson will be collecting his third CONSECUTIVE championship NASCAR Cup Title.

I'm a cautious one at times and say "Hold on there folks. There's a few races to go."

In fact, 7 races ago, everyone was all but certain that the championship was going to Kyle Busch. Yet with bad luck, fates and my unlucky hat, that isn't going to happen anytime soon. (I'll be explaining my "unlucky" hat in a later article.)


What I'm trying to say is that with three races to go, anything is still possible: engine or tire failures; getting caught up in someone else's wreck or bad pit road driving.

If something were to happen to Jimmie, Carl Edwards, Greg Biffle and even Jeff Burton are ready to pounce. So I'm not getting ready to buy my championship Jimmie Johnson diecast just yet.

Here's a gander at the top 5 in the points standings and you'll see what I mean.
RANK +/- DRIVER POINTS BEHIND
1 -- Jimmie Johnson 6248 Leader
2 2 Carl Edwards 6065 -183
3 -1 Greg Biffle 6063 -185
4 -1 Jeff Burton 6030 -218
5 1 Kevin Harvick 5941 -307




(Photo Credits: Jonathan Ferrey / Getty Images for NASCAR)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, but I need to moderate to keep my spammer fans out of the comment zone....