Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Kyle Petty's Replacement: Chad McCumbee. How'd He Do?

Atlanta was Chad McCumbee's debut in the No. 45 Petty Enterprises car, where he is expected to replace Kyle Petty next year.

So how'd he do?

How's 6 laps down in 36th sound to you?  Yea.  What a resounding success of a replacement!

Kyle's take on the matter was that the company that bought into Petty Enterprises, Boston Ventures, has not done anything to help the team become more competitive. Kyle also made note that none of the mergers have done much to help the other teams who have merged either, in as much as performance goes.

Personally, I never expected improvement in any team after being absorbed.  For me, mergers just meant the new entity gets exposure to the NASCAR fanbase while helping the merged team stay afloat.  It's almost a pure marketing ploy if you ask me.  But that's just me.

source
-----

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, but I need to moderate to keep my spammer fans out of the comment zone....